Thursday, May 27, 2010

Home Study

We had our home study last night. I'm thankful that the children settled down. It had not been an easy day with the littlest cherubs. They fought like cats and dogs most of their waking hours. But, like I said, they each settled down long enough to answer the questions posed to them by the social worker.

It was a long and in-depth study. The worker was at our house for 3.5 hours! I do hope they put as much effort into matching children into the foster families as they have done getting our family history. Doubtful - but I can pray about it.

Mr. Amazing and I have talked a lot about what kinds of children would be a good fit for our family. We've decided that we're not equipped to handle medically fragile children. We don't want behaviors that would put our own children at risk (ie. super violent, abuses animals, fire starters, etc.). It also would not be wise to place a middle school girl in this home. We've already got a middle school boy and we just don't need those hormones together. Other than that, I think we're pretty much fair game for anything. We've talked that we think we'd be a good fit for a teen mom and her baby. That one would be some serious work! But I've got a peace about it so I guess it's out there now. Scot even remembered and told the worker that last night. She said there is a real need for foster homes that can make that sort of accommodation. We'll see what happens I guess. I got rid of all our "tiny baby" things before we moved to the Valley. If God wills it, I hope I can easily find all we would need again!

Not sure when we'll get our license. We have to have criminal background checks done for every state we've lived in for the past five years. Between Mr. Amazing and I, that makes six states. Somehow I don't think that many governmental agencies will all manage to work quickly to get that paperwork turned around. This whole process is being bathed in prayer though. It will happen in God's time. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: