Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm baaack....maybe.

OK. So I haven't written in awhile. Things have been a bit busy I guess. Life has taken us from Utah to Mexico. Yeah yeah yeah -- it's technically Texas. But not by much.

We've got a new adventure though - and it is going to be a big one. Mr. Amazing and I are in the process of getting our foster parent license. We are going to become professional parents. ha ha ha

It's been quite a different experience from when we did this in Iowa. We are going with a wonderful Christian licensing agency that is more than thorough. We have to have a fire inspection, health inspection, full background criminal inspection including FBI fingerprints, and lots and lots of training.

On the flip side, when we showed up for training on Monday this week, we were the only people there. The trainer was able to fly through the material and we were out in only two hours. That part was nice. We've got one more parenting class to take next Monday, a class on psych meds, CPR/first aid and then our home study before the process is finished. We're thinking we'll be done around the last week of June. It doesn't need to happen sooner because I. am. going. on. vacation!! And, because you have to have approval from about a million people to take a foster kid out of state, we don't need to be licensed until we get back from Iowa.

The cherubs at home are warming up to the idea of being a foster family. Cherub 1 doesn't seem to care one way or the other. Cherub 2 is really nervous but hasn't been having major issues with it. Cherub 3 is his usual bouncing-off-the-walls self - placing orders for little girls, and then changing his mind and saying we need to get boys his age, and then saying no...teenage girls. He's all over the map.

We're in the process of doing a quick remodel to make the whole sleeping arrangement thing easier. Our master bedroom is GINORMOUS so we're putting a wall and a closet up to separate it into two different bedrooms. I measured today and the foster kid room is going to be 12x15. And that's not even half of the size of our bedroom. (Did I tell you the master is huge?!) Mr. Amazing is doing a wonderful job along with his friend Russ. We've got it framed out and some of the drywall is hung. I'm looking forward to when it's finished though. And it will be nice to still have a guest bedroom for when Granny and Papa come to stay.

We'll see if I can keep this whole blogging thing current for awhile. Lord knows I READ enough blogs all day long. I'll see if I can make the posting a little more frequent.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Yay!!! I was surprised and excited when this popped up on my blogger dashboard. =)