Friday, May 14, 2010

Surprise Me

We're doing a new Bible study on Wednesdays at church. It's on a book by Terry Esau called Surprise Me. Basically, the prayer for every day is "surprise me God". Then, you open yourself up to seeing how God moves in your life. It's simple and complex all at the same time.

I made mention Wednesday night that I'm not seeing anything major right now. God is with me all day long and I'm aware of that. I'm just not having any "ah ha" moments. That's when another lady pointed out that God is moving in a very large way in my life right now.

She pointed out how I'm not freaking out about all that it takes to become a foster parent.

The more I've thought about that phrase, the more truth I see in it.

It's not just the physical things we're doing. Like remodeling the house to add another bedroom. Or preparing the cherubs at home. Or all the inspections. I do have a peace with all of these things.

The emotional side of things is OK too. I've practically OD'd on foster and adoption blogs lately. And let me tell you, there are a lot of scary stories out there!! But for some reason, I'm not scared. If anything, I'm realistic about what we're getting in to. And that's a good thing. But I'm not scared. I've got to give all the glory to God for that! My trust in Him is huge right now. I trust that He's preparing our family in the right ways for this adventure. I trust that He's going to match us with kids that are as good of a fit for our family as possible. I trust that we're going to be able to do this, and do it well, for all the right reasons.

Thank you God. And...surprise me again tomorrow please.

No comments: