Friday, November 5, 2010

Court update

We arrived at the courthouse ready to deal with things at 1:00. I had the pleasure of speaking briefly with the girls' GAL. The girls then spoke with their lawyer for about 5 minutes.

Then we were told we could go home.

I got to have all the anxiety and stress of a court hearing. And now I don't get to hear first-hand what is decided. The girls seem reasonably regulated - even after briefly seeing their mom.

Thankfully I've got a great worker at the agency who has promised me she will let me know all that is decided today. I'm on pins and needles. I think the worst part of fostering it the not knowing and the waiting. (That and the fits, tantrums, disrespect, etc. etc. - but I'll save those issues for a different post. LOL)

1 comment:

jendoop said...

Ugh. My heart goes out to you. I do my best to forget court days. There is next to nothing I can do, so why worry. But to be made to go down there and then not even able to attend? It'd drive me crazy. I might even sit in the hallway to prove I'm serious. But that would be hard with the girls so I understand why you left. Good luck!