Monday, January 24, 2011

Cherub 1's Tiny Baby Story

When my oldest was just a bitty little thing, I started telling him a story. I would hold that beautiful bundle of joy and tell him just how much I've always loved him! We ended up calling this his "Tiny Baby Story". It was a short story about pregnancy and how excited we were to have him in our family. By the time he was two years old he would sit on my lap and tell the story with me - Readers Theatre style if you will. I'm something of a ham and it was a blast to have him hamming it up with me. We would "perform" for all of our friends and family.

This is his story...

CHERUB 1
Once upon a time there was a mommy and a daddy. And they wanted to have a tiny baby.
So...the mommy got pregnant.
And her tummy got bigger. And bigger. And bigger.

People threw parties for the baby.
And the baby got lots of presents.

We didn't know if the baby was a boy or a girl. So we called it Baby Herman.

Then...one day...on Tuesday, March 18, Mommy went to the doctor.
The doctor said, "Any day now." But, that afternoon, Mommy went to work.

At 6:00PM, Mamma said, "Whoa!" Mamma said, "Whoa!" So Mommy went home.

But it wasn't time to go to the hospital yet. So Daddy watched TV.

Then it was time to go to the hospital.

And Mamma said, "Whoa!" Mamma said, "Whoa!" Mamma said, "Whoa!" And...at 11:40PM, out came the tiny baby. Mommy asked, "Is it a boy or a girl?" The doctor said, "It's a boy!"

Mommy and Daddy said, "His name is A*** M*** E*** and we love him very much!"

That's not the ending....that's just the beginning.