Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I don't really have much to say - but figured I'd wish everyone a Happy New Year!

We've had a pretty terrific holiday break. I'm almost sad the cherubs all start back to school on Monday. I've loved having them around.

We've had several different calls for placements lately but haven't been able to accept any of them yet. One sibling group needed a home while we were doing respite. We couldn't have them because it would have put us over capacity.

We also got a call earlier this week for a sibling group of three. Mr. Amazing and I were out on a date though and didn't get the message right away. By the time we called our agency back, they had found a different home for the kids. Needless to say, the intake worker at our agency now has my cell number.

Another foster mom posted a great list about fostering that included, "You might be a foster mom if you are able to love kids like they are your own within one minute of learning they even exist." I can relate!

I've been a bit sad this week ever since we missed out on the sibling group of three. It was a two year old little girl and her four and six year old brothers. They were removed due to neglect. All I was told was that they have lice and really dry skin. Lice doesn't scare me! (bwaaa haa haa haa) And I really liked the idea of having little ones around the house. In just a few short minutes after hearing about the kids I got ready! I mentally figured out where everyone was going to sleep and how we would work things. I started to prep my heart for falling in love again. Then we got the call saying they had a home already. Then, I was sad they weren't coming. Then, I got really sad because fostering shouldn't exist at all. Then, I became just a little overwhelmed thinking about what a fallen world we live in. Then, I took a deep breath because I know that God is in control and I know we'll get another call.

So, I'm trying to stay on top of housework, meal planning and other life things. So much has to happen those first few days when a new placement comes. I want to be ready.