Thursday, February 17, 2011

anxiety anxiety anxiety

Wanna throw Cherub 2 for a loop?

Offer to do some respite care.

He will become acutely aware of how much care Pumpkin needs. (Which, I must say, is very, very little given all of her delays. She entertains herself most all of the time. And things like bathtime and bedtime are very easy with her -- not near the drawn out drama of MissArguePants and TurtleTurtle.)

Then, after he's gotten himself worked up about the equity of parental time spent in the house, he'll dig out the gloves. (He finds relief from his stress by wearing biking gloves. Thankfully he's got a great teacher that has no problem with this when they show up at school too.)

And conversations about adoption will pop up in the strangest of places.

I'm glad I have learned his triggers. I threw in some extra cuddling at bedtime tonight. I'm not talking about the upcoming respite too much. We'll deal with it head on Saturday afternoon as I clean out the guest room that I allowed Cherub 1 to trash out last weekend. (Rest assured Cherub 1 will be cleaning too!!) Cherub 2 will be fine. He will be just fine.

But I'm betting the gloves stay on from now til the 28th.

No comments: