Thursday, February 10, 2011

In the car with Cherub 1 this morning

A contest was being held on Herman's favorite radio station. While dropping his younger siblings off at school, he borrowed my phone and tried to get through. When I got back in the car he said, "I tried to call in but the number they gave on the radio doesn't work."

I said, "Oh Herman, I'm sure it does. You must have typed it in wrong or maybe something isn't working right on my phone."

He replied, "They say the number is triple eight .... (I don't remember the actual number he rattled off) I typed that in exactly and pushed send. But then the phone just goes 'beep, beep, beep'."

I started laughing so hard I nearly cried. He gave me a very funny look. When I composed myself I let him know that the beeping was a busy signal.

He's so used to everything rolling over to voice mail immediately he's not even familiar with a busy signal. I just giggled and giggled and giggled. I even had to let him know that no, you can't just leave it beeping and eventually someone will pick up. You have to hang up the call and dial again.

Kids these days crack me up!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Oh, this will just keep me smiling all day! =)