Thursday, February 3, 2011

Kisses

Pumpkin is getting more vocal with her dislike for me. She LOVES Mr. Amazing! But me? The tolerance comes and goes.


I can't say that I blame her. My role in her life has got to be the most confusing. I take care of her. I meet all of her needs. I love on her. But I also take her to see her mommy and then take her away from her mommy. I'm the person that takes her to the doctors. (And boy have we been to a lot of doctors!) So, she recognizes that I'm a good guy. But I also make her do the stuff she doesn't like. I'm a constant reminder that she's not living with her mommy. I'm sure she's quite conflicted about it all.

She's got a new habit. She tells me "no" for absolutely no reason. For example, I just walked in to the living room to talk to Mr. Amazing. As I got in the room, she looked over at me and just said, "no!" Hrrrmmmfff. Nothing like a snotty toddler no to tick me off.

I started something this morning though at school when she told me to "get out" as I was talking to her teachers. I'm going to respond to her snottiness with kisses.

This morning at school I ran across the room, got down on my knees and kissed her all over her cheeks. She hated every minute of it. Doesn't even make her smile. But, it keeps me from getting angry. And it's certainly not a horrible response from me.

We've got a snow day tomorrow. She's stuck with me at home. Her visit for tomorrow has been canceled and we have no appointments to go to over the weekend. I have a feeling there will be lots of kissing.

4 comments:

jendoop said...

That is an awesome powerful momma response!

noisycolorfullively said...

Ha! When Simeon is snotty and I'm ushering him to another area so that he can blow off some steam, I always leave him with a kiss on the cheek and a cheerful "love you!"

Drives him bonkers! There's a good bit of satisfaction in that. And it keeps me from ringing his scrawny neck. So, win-win! I say smother that child in smooches :)

happyhome said...

Great response. Diffuses your steam and leaves her feeling loved...even if she doesn't acknowledge it.

happyhome said...

P.S. Thanks for all the great ideas on my OAMC post. I'm excited to get started again. Doubling recipes is a good way to stock your freezer w/o the huge cooking day.