Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Urgent prayer request

The paperwork on my parents' background check hasn't arrived from the FBI yet. I am asking those of you that pray, to join me in this request. I'll give you the background history...

Our agency requires that anyone over the age of 18 that is going to stay the night at my house fill our a massive form that indicates that they are moving in. Yes, moving in. Not just staying the night. But moving in. Along with this form that includes a thorough amount of history on them and references, they also have to submit to an FBI fingerprint background check.

I knew all of this when we were going through the licensing process. I had my parents fill out the paperwork this past summer. I submitted it to our agency along with copies of their fingerprints in August 2010.

Unfortunately, our agency didn't submit the paperwork to Washington correctly. They had me send a check for payment. From what I can tell, they didn't mail in the paperwork in a timely fashion either. It got kicked back to the agency in December. Again, they dropped the ball because no one contacted me to tell me that I have to pay with either a credit card or a cashier's check. When I finally found out, I submitted my credit card and sent the paperwork back to the FBI myself.

The FBI charged my credit card on 02/28/11. However, the paperwork proving my parents don't have a rap sheet hasn't been sent back to our agency yet.

Because of this, they may have to move Pumpkin to emergency respite care tonight.

Our agency social worker is actively trying to get permission for Pumpkin to stay with us through my parents' visit. First she has to get permission from our CPS worker. If she grants permission, our agency SW then has to get permission from our agency regional director.

I know how the system works. Rules are rules. And despite the fact that in this case it would be absolute best for Pumpkin to stay in my house, rules are rules. I'm not holding my breath.

I'm also not packing Pumpkin's bag just yet.

Pumpkin would be very, very safe in my home with my parents here. She would never understand why she was being moved if that's what has to happen. I ask for prayers that the decision making people can see past the black and white of these rules to do what is best for Pumpkin.

Thank you.

2 comments:

MamaFoster said...

praying.


praying, praying, praying.

oy...the system.

MamaFoster said...

so what happened? :)