Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fun phone calls

CASA: Hello. Is this Cherub Mamma?

Me: Yes.

CASA: Hi. I'm the new case worker for Pumpkin. You used to work with G***. Well, I'm taking his place.  .... other worthless conversation  ....  How is Pumpkin doing?

Me: She's fine. She's Pumpkin. Exactly what did you want to know?

CASA: Well, I wanted to know what she's up to this summer.

Me: You do know that Pumpkin is severely mentally retarded, has epilepsy and functions around the level of 18 months old? Right?

CASA: Oh. (long strange silence)

Me: She's fine. She's attending private therapies. And she plays at home.

CASA: Has her CASA worker been out to visit recently?

Me: Well, G*** and another gal came out a long time ago. But no one has been here for awhile.

CASA: Oh. Someone is supposed to come and see Pumpkin once a month.

Me: No one has been here recently.

CASA: Well...it's the end of the month. Can I come out tomorrow?

Me: Let me check my schedule.   ....   Sure. My calendar is open. (oh joy oh mirth)


***
I just love the system.

3 comments:

MamaFoster said...

don't you just LOVE that?

:/

noisycolorfullively said...

"Oh joy, Oh mirth!" Hilarious! I know it's not funny. But it's so not funny, it's funny sometimes, right?

CherubMamma said...

Can you guess what time CASA showed up at my house today....


drumroll....


NOON!!


Yes. They showed up three hours early without a phone call. Good gravy the system stinks sometimes.