Wednesday, September 14, 2011

She is so sad

Pumpkin has been crying almost solid since coming into our home again last night.

Thankfully she went to bed and fell asleep without problems. But she is sooooo sad. She keeps crying for her mommy. From there she asks for her sisters. Then, for reasons I don't know, she'll just cry out my name. I'm guessing in her own way she thinks that if she says my name maybe I'll take her back to her mommy.

We went to the doctor today. Even though she's only been out of care for less than two weeks, I was required to get a communicable disease screening done. I made sure to schedule the appointment with the doctor that saw Pumpkin on Monday though. She took pictures of all the scratches and bruises on Pumpkin. She's going to draw up a formal document for me to present to CPS, our agency, lawyers, CASA, etc. I have to go back to the office on Monday to pick that up.

Court will be within the next two weeks. The first hearing is always to determine whether or not the removal was valid.

I have a feeling this is not going to go well for Pumpkin's mom. I'm not convinced as to how Pumpkin got all the marks on her body. But I'm willing to give her Mom the benefit of the doubt on some of them. Pumpkin does have a difficult time walking. She does fall easily. She also bruises easily.

However, the doctor doesn't like Pumpkin's mom at all! She's not going to give Mom the benefit of the doubt. It will be interesting to read her report. It will be interesting to see if CPS takes it seriously. This drama sure is going to be interesting.

2 comments:

jendoop said...

Oh that poor girl. If anything is good in this situation it is that CPS had their act together enough to send her back to you. Being with you is so much better for her than starting new with another family.

MamaFoster said...

oh my gosh, i am really just now reading all of this.

first of all, i am so sorry that you are having to deal with the after math of all of this, i feel terrible for pumpkin....ugggghhh.

seriously, in a dr's office? imagine what she does at home...seriously.

i am so sorry this did not have a happy ending and that you are left to pick up the pieces...i am sure that pumpkins (justifiable) behavior is hard to deal with. :(