Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What a waste of time

I was at the courthouse at 7:30AM with Pumpkin today. They were supposed to squeeze her case in at 8:00. Showing up early ensures that everyone will in fact be there and any lawyers or other professionals will have a chance to talk to me if necessary.

The entire gaggle of legal professionals was there before 8:00AM.

We waited.

And waited. And waited. And waited.

They all went into the courtroom to wait there. No one even told me when the case actually got called. I just sat out in the hall with Pumpkin. (No one told me to go into the courtroom.)

At about 9:00 everyone walked out and said that they'd let me know when the next hearing is.

That's all there was to it.

I know nothing except that Pumpkin is going to stay in care and we'll go to court again in around two months.

Needless to say, I'm not too keen on supervising visits with Pumpkin's mom right now. So, it looks like we'll settle into our routine at home. Pumpkin will get her court appointed, CPS supervised, one hour visit per month. And we'll go from there.

No comments: