Thursday, November 3, 2011

The awesomest neighbor!

I know I've bragged about Daphne before. She's my awesome neighbor that moved in across the street just a couple months ago. She's the one that took it upon herself to go get all the training, home inspection, background check, etc. so she could babysit my cherubs. In fact, she went above and beyond and can actually do respite for me.

She. Is. Awesome.

She came over this morning to just sit and chat while I worked. It's so incredibly nice to have a friend. I feel isolated enough in this part of the country. And being a foster parent doesn't help. So many people aren't willing to join you in all the drama that fostering brings to your life.

Anyway, at 10:00 I was waiting for Dolly to get back home from speech therapy. I also had to leave for an orthodontist appointment for Cherub 1. Daphne looked at me and said, "Why aren't you leaving the little cherubs with me?!"

I laughed and said that I'm perfectly capable of watching my cherubs. I can take little ones along to the dentist. It's not that big of a deal.

Nonsense she said as she grabbed Dude's hand and said, "Come on Dude. Let's go to my house!"

At that very moment Dolly pulled up in the therapy transport van. She eagerly ran with Daphne across the street to her house. Dude and Dolly love playing over there!!

I got to go sit in the waiting room at the dentist without having to corral two little cherubs. I got home and Daphne informed me she had fed them lunch. I was able to simply tuck them in bed for their naps.

I'm so blessed! So truly blessed to have a friend like Daphne right across the street!!

She's going to be (almost) as devastated as I am next week when Dolly and Dude leave.

1 comment: