Monday, November 7, 2011

I'm holding it together...so far

Backpacks with toys have been packed.

A diaper bag with drinks and snacks has been packed.

A route has been mapped to the CPS office noting where the closest fast food joint is so the kids can actually eat lunch.

Children have been prepared as best as they can. (Poor Dude thought that his grandma was going to come to our home for a visit. It broke my heart to tell him otherwise.) They are excitedly anxious. They know when their backpacks actually get packed by me that they are going to see their mommy.

Prayer requests have been made. I am petitioning the Good Lord that the children be spared from unnecessary drama. If an arrest is necessary I pray that the children don't have to witness it. I pray that court happens in a timely fashion and we aren't trapped waiting there for hours. I pray that the judge sees all that is true and rules in the best interests of the children.

CPS just called me to make sure we are going to be there at 11:00 for the visit. (As in, she called me while I was writing this.) She told me that Mom actually showed up for the Permanency Planning Meeting that took place last Thursday. Mom is planning on being at the visit this morning. She knows that Grandma is going to be there too. All is going as scheduled.

I'm going to try to continue to hold it together. Prayers are appreciated!!

3 comments:

Tammy (aka. "Mimi") said...

I've been thinking about you guys. I know how hard it is... Lots of prayers and hugs for you and the kiddos.

Mitzy said...

I will be praying for you today.

MamaFoster said...

i hope everything goes well. i don't know what that will look like, but i hope it does.