Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Help please" update 2

OK – I'm probably going to jinx myself here...

Pumpkin said, "help," this morning as she was struggling with taking off her nightgown.

Oh, she cried and complained a lot. But I've enlisted the help of Dude and Dolly. I asked them a few days ago to help me teach Pumpkin how to ask for help. I told them to make sure they say it really loud when they need something from me. (They get so proud of themselves as they puff all up and boldly say, "help please" as they are getting dressed and undressed.) I always praise the heck out of them then and make a big deal about them using their words.

This morning Dude needed help taking off his jammies. Honestly, I'm not sure if he really needed the help or if he just wanted to play the game and get all the praise. Either way, Pumpkin seemed to be paying attention through her fussing.

The Dolly, not to be left out, made sure to ask for help with her nightgown too.

I looked over at Pumpkin and reminded her she could ask for help if she needed it. Much to my surprise, a muffled, "help," came out of her mouth.

I praised her like crazy. She didn't smile or even acknowledge any of it. But she said, "help!"

We'll get there! I just know it.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

You're doing good work, mama! So is Pumpkin. Just keep appreciating/enjoying the little daily successes.

Mama P said...

WOOT WOOT! You will get there, Mrs. Amazing. ;)