Sunday, December 4, 2011

Liebster Blog Award



Liebster is a German word which means "dearest" or "beloved". It is also used to refer to as someone's "favorite" and the idea of the Liebster Blog Award is to bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers that deserve more recognition and encouragement.

I was nominated by Teresa at Foster Care: Our Love Story. Teresa and her husband are foster parents in Upstate NY. She writes about the good and the bad of foster care. She always seems to have such a positive attitude no matter what "The System" throws her way! Thanks for the nomination Teresa!!

There are certain rules that come with the Liebster Blog Award
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Hope that the people you've sent the award to forward it on to their five favorite bloggers and keep it going!

I've been trying to pare back how many blogs I read. And quite a few of the blogs I do read either have over 200 followers or have been nominated for this award already. The following are five blogs that I really like though:


FosterWee
This couple recently took in their first foster daughter. It's interesting to watch as they begin to navigate The System. They have a positive attitude and their dedication towards healing is evident in what they share online.


I Was A Foster Kid
I can't tell how many followers LT has. I'm quite sure it's more than 200 but she doesn't publish that information. And since I can't tell for sure, I want to nominate LT. She is a very strong young lady that aged out of The System in a horrible way. The abuse she suffered as a young child at the hands of her bio family and then again in The System has made healing a long, slow process. But the wisdom she shares with her readers is invaluable. Her blog is quite raw and honest. As a foster parent, it has been very helpful for me to see and learn from her perspective. LT is amazing!!


Social Worker 24/7
I like to read about all aspects of fostering. I was thrilled to find a blog written by a social worker. She blogs rather infrequently. In fact, she was JUST diagnosed with cancer and isn't sure if she's going to blog much right now. So, if anything, please say a prayer for this young lady as she begins her treatment. If you do click over though, read her archives. She's got some great posts!!


Mama Foster
Mama Foster was one of the first "foster parent" blogs I started reading. I just love what she has to say! She reminds me that I'm not alone navigating the waters of foster care. And that even though I may want to throw in the towel, it's worth it to keep on keepin' on.


Counseling And Enrichment
This is a brand new blog written by several different people involved in foster care and adoption. The therapists at Counseling and Enrichment offer up a great perspective for parents of kids from the hurt places.

No comments: