Tuesday, January 3, 2012

tomorrow

It seems like I'm always so negative. Sorry about that. But there is no way I can candy-coat how awful tomorrow is going to be.

1. My cherubs go back to school tomorrow. I could expand on this about why the school schedule stinks and all, but I won't bore you with all those details. Just know that our routine is changing and any time that happens...Cherub 2 has anxiety issues like crazy!!

2. Dude and Dolly have to go to day care because the world's awesomest neighbor starts her new job. Dude and Dolly do NOT like day care. But I have no choice.

3. I have to bring Pumpkin to court. At 9:30AM they will begin proceedings to terminate her mother's parental rights. I've been told by CPS that it is likely I will have to testify. I'm going to be a nervous wreck! I think it's almost abusive that Pumpkin has to attend the trial where they will be attempting to terminate her mother's rights. If Pumpkin was aware of anything in her surroundings it could be the type of experience that could damage her for many, many years. No kid should be there for that. And the idea that I might have to testify?! Accckkkk!!! Needless to say I will be bringing my three-ring binder full of all the documentation I've collected on Pumpkin in the last year.

Which, oh yeah, yesterday marked the one year anniversary of Pumpkin coming in to care. << sigh >>

I'm asking for prayers:
  • for overall calmness in our home as we deal with the stresses of this week.
  • for Dude & Dolly. They will undoubtedly feel the stress of tomorrow. I'm sure it will compound their anxiety when I drop them off at day care.
  • for all the people involved in Pumpkin's case tomorrow. May wisdom prevail.
  • for me. I really don't want to freak out. But I'm super nervous already. I've never been involved in anything like this before and I have no idea what to expect.
I'm glad I've got this kind of an outlet. Thanks bloggy-world for your support!!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Seems like this is a stressful week all over foster/adopt land! Praying for peace and strength.

Mitzy said...

I will be praying for you. I pray that common sense, wisdom and love prevail tomorrow.

MamaFoster said...

wow! did I miss you mentioning this somewhere else? I am surprised to here there is a court date taking place to officially terminate.

i know you have mentioned it a little here and there, guess I didn't know that it was so soon (or getting started so soon).

Yes, it is going to suck. BUT, I am a little happy for Pumpkin, even though I know she won't understand. I hope so much that God is already preparing a family just for her that will fall in love with her!!!

Mie said...

I didn't realize bringing the kiddo to TPR was what was supposed to happen. We brought Summer for hers, the caseworker told us to and I didn't understand it at the time but figured it was just a nice gesture since they were signing over rather than go through with the trial. She was 20 months old and thankfully won't remember that day at all other than what we tell her so it really makes no sense for her to have been there. I guess I could see it with an older child both ways - they could testify if needed, but beyond that what they'd have to hear would suck (of course they lived it though...). I don't know why they do it that way.

Good luck!

Mama P said...

I get sick at the thought of children having to go to court for things like this. Absolutely sick.

I always feel like Im negative on my blog as well. I read others like Mie and Maggie and Called to Foster, and I wonder how to spin my feelings into something positive. It never comes out that way. I guess I'd rather be real than make something up just so it sounds good, though.