1. My cherubs go back to school tomorrow. I could expand on this about why the school schedule stinks and all, but I won't bore you with all those details. Just know that our routine is changing and any time that happens...Cherub 2 has anxiety issues like crazy!!
2. Dude and Dolly have to go to day care because the world's awesomest neighbor starts her new job. Dude and Dolly do NOT like day care. But I have no choice.
3. I have to bring Pumpkin to court. At 9:30AM they will begin proceedings to terminate her mother's parental rights. I've been told by CPS that it is likely I will have to testify. I'm going to be a nervous wreck! I think it's almost abusive that Pumpkin has to attend the trial where they will be attempting to terminate her mother's rights. If Pumpkin was aware of anything in her surroundings it could be the type of experience that could damage her for many, many years. No kid should be there for that. And the idea that I might have to testify?! Accckkkk!!! Needless to say I will be bringing my three-ring binder full of all the documentation I've collected on Pumpkin in the last year.
Which, oh yeah, yesterday marked the one year anniversary of Pumpkin coming in to care. << sigh >>
I'm asking for prayers:
- for overall calmness in our home as we deal with the stresses of this week.
- for Dude & Dolly. They will undoubtedly feel the stress of tomorrow. I'm sure it will compound their anxiety when I drop them off at day care.
- for all the people involved in Pumpkin's case tomorrow. May wisdom prevail.
- for me. I really don't want to freak out. But I'm super nervous already. I've never been involved in anything like this before and I have no idea what to expect.