Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day care

I just explained to Dude and Dolly that they will be going to day care tomorrow. I've got a doctor appointment and I'm not going to bring them with me.

Dude sat at the table with his eyes getting wider and wider. Then they glassed over.

Dolly looked at me and said, "Grandma get me?"

I cannot explain to them what is going to happen in just over a week. They don't understand.

It hurt my heart to say it all over again.

"No Dolly. Your grandma isn't going to come get you. That's not happening yet. Your grandma lives far far away. Besides, we have to talk to the judge first. He has to decide.

But when you do go live with your grandma, it isn't down here. Your grandma lives far far away. You will have to say bye bye to Mamma L***. You won't get to see me anymore. The day care will be totally different. It is far far away."

Both kids struggled to keep a straight face. Neither one understands. And I can't explain it any better than "Grandma lives far far away". They don't know this Grandma. They don't know where they are going. And they don't understand that they won't see us ever again.

This week is going to suck!!!

4 comments:

MamaFoster said...

:( i am glad that you are trying to prepare them. i am sure it is hard.

Tammy (aka. "Mimi") said...

:( So hard to try to explain such a huge change to little ones like that. You're doing the very best you can for them, and that's all you can do. You've all been in my thoughts and prayers...

Our Journey said...

My heart breaks for them...such huge stuff for such little ones! Praying for you as do your best to prepare them!

Our Journey said...

My heart breaks for them...such huge stuff for such little ones! Praying for you as do your best to prepare them!