Monday, February 6, 2012

Football

Every single thing is bringing me to tears lately. I so just want this week to be over with.

Right now five of my cherubs are playing together up in our playroom. The squeals and giggles are so loud coming through the monitor I can barely understand anything they are saying. In fact, I do believe they are playing football. It's probably going to end with someone getting hurt.

But I can't bring myself to stop them. They too only get one week left with Dude and Dolly. Homework just doesn't seem that important right now when there is a football game going on in the play room.

I'm just going to sit here at my desk and cry.

3 comments:

MamaFoster said...

i understand your count down and why it is so emotions...I just want to make sure I understand...

you have a court date in a week that you are expecting to hear that they are moving to gma's at right? but no set in stone date of when they will be moved or if they will for sure be moved, correct?

CherubMamma said...

Yep. That's it in a nutshell.

Court is Monday the 13th. Everyone involved says that they WILL go to grandma's house half-way across the state this time. However, like always, it is still up to the judge. And the judge down here is a quack!!

Lawyers have no contact with the cherubs until minutes before court. I will take that time to express my concern over the completely missing relationship between the children and this grandma that says she will raise them to adulthood. But I'm not counting on my values to be mentioned in court at all. Relationship isn't important. Getting the kids out of foster care is.

Most likely a social worker or two will fly the kids north later on after the court date. Probably Wednesday or Thursday is my guess. I offered to go along last time and they said they couldn't. So the transfer will be the kids getting in a car and saying goodbye in my driveway.

I was told last time that I would get to pack one bag for each kid and then everything else they own would get shipped to them. I highly doubt that I get to know the address of where the kids are going. I have a feeling I'm not going to be allowed any contact whatsoever after they leave.

Ugh!!

Carrie said...

Sending hugs. The "lasts" are so hard.