Monday, June 11, 2012

PICU

Pumpkin just hasn't been herself lately. It's beyond maddening trying to figure out why. Is she not talking because she's depressed? Or is something else going on?
After watching her become more disoriented as the day went on, I decided I had to get her checked out. Besides, I figured it would all be easier with Mr. Amazing watching all the other cherubs.
Well, I still have NO idea what is wrong with Pumpkin. But now I'm sleeping (or rather...NOT sleeping) in the pediatric intensive care unit of a local hospital.
This could be something big. Or this could be a simple ear infection. I seriously do not know. The ER doc didn't even examine her. He admitted her immediately. I sure hope the doc making rounds tomorrow does some sort of an examination before they do the lumbar puncture I was told to expect.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Ugh! I'm hanging out in the PICU as well, and while these little pull out chairs are uber comfy :/ it would be very nice to have an idea of what lies ahead for my kid. It seems that kids with complex histories leave the Dr's about as clueless as CPS. Hoping that spinal tap doesn't have to happen!

Our Journey said...

That seems ridiculous! The ER Dr. didn't even examine her before admitting??? If I were you and it were an ear infection I'd be pretty ticked! Thankful but super annoyed!! Praying it is something non-serious and you are out today!!!

MamaFoster said...

are you still at the hospital??? i hope everything is ok....