Saturday, June 30, 2012

Quiet

It's the quiet that is getting to me. Right now Herman is off with friends. Bart is across the street with friends. And TT is with Mr. Amazing running some errands.

I'm not used to the quiet. There are supposed to be little ones running around. I'm supposed to be looking at the clock timing out how much more time I have until I need to start baths.

Instead I'm zoned out on my computer with the TV on next to me to drown out the quiet.

I sure hope I hear something this week. I'm supposed to leave for Iowa on Friday. I have permission from a judge to take two of those missing cherubs with me on vacation. Do I leave anyway if I don't hear anything this week? I can't really put my entire life on hold waiting for CPS to figure out what to do with me. But I know I'll feel beyond miserable if the kids could come back while I'm gone.

I'm not used to the quiet. I sure wish I knew what was going to happen.

6 comments:

CherylR said...

I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine how hard this must be. :( We are considering doing foster care, and situations like this are really scary!

Ben Wentzel said...

I hope you hear good news soon

Ben Wentzel said...

This comment was from mama foster

nicole said...

come on news. wishing with you.

Foster Mom - R said...

For some reason "Be still and know that I am here" popped into my head while reading your post. Quiet can be deafening. Sending you strength!

Mitzy said...

Praying that you get some positive news SOON!