Monday, June 18, 2012

Simple prayer request

I'm sitting here at my desk avoiding morning. Mr. Amazing and Herman left for work at 6:30AM. Herman is now officially employed full time. It's an 8 week job with the US Fish & Wildlife Service. I'm very proud of him!!

TT and Bart are up and playing upstairs.

I just heard the first rumblings from the babies' room.

We have to leave in an hour to go get Pumpkin evaluated for her new leg/foot braces. They're talking about some funky brace for her (really) bad foot with a resistance band that will wrap around her leg in a spiral. That sure will make life fun. It's also been determined that she's not growing symmetrically. They're going to have to build up the brace on her right foot to account for the difference of 2 cm.

I'll have all five of the youngest cherubs with me. The orthotic office is an hour away so we'll be eating lunch out. I'm praying that Dude and Dolly will nap in the car on the way home.

And then there's 6:00PM. That's when the investigator is going to come back and interview my children. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. It's not like I have anything to hide. But this is really nerve wracking! I've never had an investigator talk to my children.

I know that nerves like this don't come from God. I'm going to do my best to focus on the positive all day long and not allow myself to worry. If you could join me in that prayer though, I'd much appreciate it!

2 comments:

openarmsopenheart said...

Wow, feeling for you right now! I've been reading through your blog and I really appreciate the honesty that you've shown. I'm about to start my own fostering adventure and it's really helpful to be able to come into it with my eyes open. Will be praying for you with all the craziness that is happening.
N

C Dawn's bucket said...

Of course I will pray for you and your children (and the investigator). It may be too late to put something in place but I believe that you have the right to have someone trusted in the room with your children while they are being interviewed.

We had inside information when my boys were interviewed that if the child asked for a parent to be there that they had to honor their request. One of my boys asked for me to be present and one didn't. We live in Utah so I don't know if it is a state thing or not.