Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Vacation!!

Alright – life certainly hasn't been easy lately. This fostering stuff is hard work. I'm in the middle of an investigation because I reported physical abuse acted out by a bio mom on Pumpkin. My Pumpkin's life is in limbo because the powers that be won't take the "little abuse" seriously. My other cherubs just celebrated (dripping with sarcasm) their one year anniversary with us. And even though they are little and "basic" as the day is long, it's still a traumaversary. We're still getting into a summer routine. etc. etc.

But I've got GOOD NEWS!!!

In just a few weeks I get to pack up everyone (except Pumpkin -- this just wouldn't be good for Pumpkin) and go on vacation!! We're going to go to Sea World. Then Herman and Mr. Amazing will come back home...they have to work...and I get to head to Iowa with Dude, Dolly, TT and Bart!! I'm sooooooooooo excited!!

I get 2.5 weeks without a single social worker, investigator, doctor, or any other appointment related to foster care. I get to be normal for 2.5 weeks!

My cherubs are all very, very excited!!

I can't wait to get away! I can't wait to see my family!

I can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Mie said...

Hey we're going to Sea World in a few weeks - I wonder if we'll be there at the same time?

Sunday Taylor said...

That is fantastic….I hope everyone has a great time!

openarmsopenheart said...

Hooray!