Friday, July 20, 2012

A thank you to my internet friends

I clicked on to Blogger this morning and saw that I now have 50 followers. I'm excited to have that many people wanting to read what I have to say. But, on the flip side, I know the reason I've gotten new readers it because everyone seems to like to watch a train wreck.  :)

I don't say that to be mean. Honest - I'm glad I've got so many people reading. I hope that even though so many of my posts have been negative that everyone can see my passion for foster kids. I hope that maybe a few of my posts have helped someone else.

I know that my current journey is discouraging some people from fostering. My next door neighbor grew up in foster care and had fostered before. She and I talked over a year ago and she decided that her family would go through the licensing process again and start helping more children. But as things drug on and on with Dude and Dolly she and her husband backed out. I've seen a few other blogging friends say they were going to take a break right now and make reference to our story.

This stuff I'm going through is scary as Hell!!!

I'm incredibly grateful for the support I've received though! Thank you to all my readers that comment on my posts. Knowing I have people praying for me all over the world gives me great comfort. God has blessed me. On days when I'm struggling with the intensity of the investigation, I've received random emails of support. Sure, comments are great. I welcome them! I love them! But to get the personal attention of an email from total strangers?! Wow! They surprised me and strengthened me so much.

Yesterday I had a blogger friend message me via Facebook. We exchanged phone numbers and we talked. I was on the phone with someone I've never "met" for nearly an hour (before I had to dash away for a family event). It felt like I was talking with an old friend. She wanted to make sure I had ALL my ducks in a row. (ie: have I thought about what lawyer I would hire should this investigation end poorly) Someone I've never met wanted to make sure I stay safe through all this crazy. Thank you Mama Foster!!

God is nudging my IRL friends to support me as well. I've been receiving text messages just "checking in" quite frequently. FB messages are more common now than ever before as well.

I thank you ALL for the support. As alone as I tend to feel when I'm having a bad day, I know that I am anything but alone. God has placed a community around me and I'm very grateful for it.

So, welcome to my new readers. Thanks to all of you that stop by. Many, many thanks to all of you that are praying for my family. I hope my story doesn't prevent people from continuing to care for the children that so desperately need us. I will continue to be open and honest about everything though. If nothing else,,,,to open the eyes of anyone in The System that can make a difference. To those of you that are fostering or supporting a foster family in any way, stay safe and stay strong. God bless you!!

8 comments:

MamaFoster said...

:)

Mie said...

Know I'm here for you too! I think about you daily and have a pit in my stomach that's all in knots. If I can help just send mie a note

Suzee said...

I'm praying for you. And your family. I love your blog and you are such an awesome lady!!!

Meg0422 said...

Always thinking of you and waiting for the news. Keep your chin up
honey!

P

Alice said...

New follower, longtime lurker, and fellow foster parent in your state. What's happening to you is so very wrong and is my biggest fear come to life. Makes me want to have my ducks in a row just in case licensing shows up to do a surprise inspection (like our licensing agency keeps warning us they will). I am so very sorry for you and your cherubs that the system is so warped. I'm praying for a positive outcome for you and minimal damage to those sweet babies because of all of this.

Alice said...

New follower, longtime lurker, and fellow foster parent in your state. What's happening to you is so very wrong and is my biggest fear come to life. Makes me want to have my ducks in a row just in case licensing shows up to do a surprise inspection (like our licensing agency keeps warning us they will). I am so very sorry for you and your cherubs that the system is so warped. I'm praying for a positive outcome for you and minimal damage to those sweet babies because of all of this.

C Dawn's bucket said...

I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster that you've been on and I'm furious on your behalf that you are being kept in the dark. Praying for you and the cherubs and the stupid bureaucrats who hold so much power.

MadHatter said...

I've been reading for awhile, as we prayed about the decision to become foster parents AND as we comleted the journey to do so. I confess that you are living one of my worst fears, but your ARE living it; it hasn't killed you or your hubs or your kids. It is a blessing to me. Thank you for being willing to "go first", to lay your guts on the table, and to show me that the world won't stop even if the worst happens. Thank you and praying for you often.