Wednesday, July 18, 2012

An email from CPS

The woman investigating my household sent an email to the director of my licensing agency today. It reads as follows:
Cherub Mamma, hope all is well. I am getting emails from CPS asking that you not continue to check in on the status of the investigation. Licensing can take up to 30 days or longer (should the supervisor extend that time) to complete an investigation. I know you're anxious but I am asking that you wait until our agency contacts you with the results. Licensing is not allowed to give you any details or status updates on their investigations. Please direct any questions you may have to us. Thanks.
Oh my!!! Now I'm in more "trouble" for simply trying to find out how much trouble I'm already in. What a crock of shit! I sent TWO lousy emails to the investigator. I wasn't pushy. I wasn't demanding squat. I simply didn't want to come across as someone that is just going to sit back and let them walk all over me. I want to show that I am willing to cooperate. I want to show that I have a vested interest in getting this mess over with. But apparently that's not how CPS works.

My agency director literally said, "You're acting like a parent. But CPS isn't used to that. Foster parents don't typically try and find anything out about their investigations." She went on to say, "CPS isn't concerned about the welfare of the children." She is in agreement with me that this situation is all shades of wrong. However, she is fearful that perhaps CPS might think that my licensing agency is telling me to check in. Or that because I'm checking in CPS might think more unfavorably of me. That way of thinking is completely foreign to me but I have to comply.

So I guess I now have to sit back (even more) and shut up (even more).

For what it's worth, (TODAY) I'm considering not taking the children back should my name be cleared. I'm so incredibly mad at The System it's not funny. I am scared to put myself so close to the fire again. I'll probably change my mind on the subject every 30 minutes until I actually hear the verdict. But since I'm being honest about how I'm responding to all this Hell, I figured I'd let you in on my thought process today.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I am so incredibly mad about this. I have nothing productive to say, but just wanted to let you know I'm still sending prayers.

peaceliving said...

Wow. I just found your blog today, and can't imagine what you're going through. But as a fellow foster parent with bio kids in the home and who likes to volunteer with children, I can totally understand your feelings of not wanting to take the kids back even if you're cleared. The more I find out about the system, the sadder I feel for the kids in it. I feel like entering foster care is like getting a cancer diagnosis...you MIGHT come out of it okay, but most likely you will be scarred for life, at best. How sad. No wonder good foster families are hard to come by. I'll be praying for you.

Mandy said...

This is how it works. If you say nothing you get steamrolled and if you stand up you get intimidated into silence and you get steamrolled again.

If you decide you definitely would not take these children back I would look into getting an attorney to have your name cleared if Rainbow is right about the whole background checks thing. Get the biggest meanest, most intimidating lawyer you can find and slap them with all kinds of stuff. Negligence, defamation, slander, etc. This is just me angry for you, sorry.

MamaFoster said...

this is sickeningly not surprising.

seriously, I HATE these people. I HATE people who treat US like criminals. It is insane. It is as if just BEING a foster parent makes you a person who uses kids for money and most likely abuses them and neglects them.

RIDICULOUS!!!! How many times have these SAME PEOPLE not done THEIR job and I child has gone home and BEEN KILLED!!!!

I AM SO SORRY. Be careful.