Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Boxes - part 2

Their things are all packed and placed accordingly on their beds. I left the clothes and toys that I would want to bring on vacation with us together in one box on top of it all. Should I get a miraculous phone call tomorrow I could easily get Dude and Dolly (physically) ready for a vacation.

I'm torn though. As much as I want this to be over...as much as I do want them back in my home...I can't imagine the fall-out that I'll face should they come back before I leave. I would delay the departure a day or two I'm sure. But plans have been put in place that I do have to have my kids in Iowa for so we'd have to leave soon. Can you imagine what two preschoolers will act like after trauma like this?! I know it would not make for the most pleasant of vacations overall.

I'm ready either way though. I'm as ready as I can be.

2 comments:

Foster Mom - R said...

Hang in there. Thinking of you.

Mandy said...

Well, you are prepared for whatever. Now if those babies could just come back. Is the Grandma expecting to see you in Dallas still? I was just wondering.