Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Pumpkin

Today is Pumpkin's birthday. She is seven years old. She doesn't understand what a birthday is, but she does know the song. She loooovvvves the birthday song. I think we sang it about a 100 times last year for her. Each time she'd rock her head back and forth and smile so big!

I'm not going to lie and say I'm totally "missing" Pumpkin right now. Read my archives – I gave my 30 day notice. Granted, she wasn't going to leave my home until September...but my abilities to care for Pumpkin, and deal with how her case is being handled, had tapped out.

Nevertheless...I'M supposed to be singing Happy Birthday to her 100 times today. I was supposed to make her cake and be there when she blows out the candles. I'M supposed to take the pictures to prove that she's being loved and cared for. It was supposed to be MY job.

I'm grateful that I know the foster mom that is caring for Pumpkin right now. We're not exactly "friends", but we are both on Facebook so we stay in touch. She's messaged me several times to tell me that she's thinking about us, praying for us, and that Pumpkin is doing just fine. She told me that she's got cake and presents for Pumpkin today. I'm glad to know that Pumpkin is doing OK and nobody is going to forget or ignore her birthday.

I'm sad though.  It's supposed to be ME.

Happy Birthday Pumpkin.


2 comments:

MamaFoster said...

This CRAP you are going through is so ugly and unfair. I'm sorry.

sheldonanddenise said...

You are truly an amazing mama! Your love runs deep for these children.... so so sorry for this mess. Blessings, Denise