Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Still....no news

sent last Friday.. 

Dear Investigator,
I'm just checking in quickly to see if you know the status of the investigation on our household. It's been over 30 days now. If there is anything else you need from me, please let me know.
~ Cherub Mamma

I just received a reply... 

The case has been submitted to my supervisor for approval.
There is nothing else pending from you at this time.
~ Investigator

I'm now sitting here with my hands shaking and all the lunch I just ate trembling in my belly. The anticipation / anxiety / waiting / nervousness / shame / guilt / frustration / anger / etc. etc. is overwhelming. This just seems so damn unfair to all parties involved. Me. My family. The children. Our agency. And even the bio families!

I have a new respect for any family that has had to suffer through this simply because of a one-time mistake. Let alone those that are accused that have done nothing wrong (like myself)!!! Shoot - even those that have really screwed up bad should get more information in a timely fashion if they are to honestly be given a chance to make the situation right. This land of limbo is just plain wrong!

5 comments:

Sunday Taylor said...

You are right this just sucks, I too feel for any family caught in the swirling vortex of bureaucracy that is child and family services….so not fair for anyone!

Jennifer said...

I keep checking your blog for an update. I am so sorry they are keeping you in limbo so long. I hope that you hear something soon.

MamaFoster said...

yeah. i hate that the way she worded it gives you nothing to go on.

Acceptance with Joy said...

amazingly cold.

openarmsopenheart said...

You are right, it's a crappy and broken system all over the world. Thinking of you and all your cherubs xoxo