Monday, August 13, 2012

I didn't expect this!

This isn't going to be the most eloquent of posts. My mind is racing and I simply need to process. (Ya know...'cause when everything is a mess, journal for the whole internet to read. LOL)

I got a life altering phone call just before five o'clock tonight. It seems that Dude and Dolly need to come back to my house.

My licensing agency is currently on probation with the state I live in. Because of this, they cannot accept any new placements. Also, they cannot move children already placed through them to another home within their agency.

That means that on paperwork, Dude and Dolly are still in our home. They have just been on "emergency respite" since June 22.

Their CPS worker (Minnie) needs the cherubs to actually be living in the home their paperwork says they are in. She wanted to "officially" move them to the respite home. However, as she discussed this with Rainbow, it became apparent that officially moving the cherubs to the respite home isn't possible as our licensing agency cannot move children. Yes, they could petition the State. But that runs the risk of the State saying no (what they've been saying to our agency all summer all over the state with every request) and the cherubs would have to move yet again. And because my licensing agency is the largest in the state, there aren't very many other beds open and the cherubs would likely end up in a shelter. (At least this is how it was explained to me by Rainbow.)

So Minnie said to move Dude and Dolly back in with us.

I nearly choked. But I said yes.

Mr. Amazing and I had already decided that even though we were in agreement that it would be best for the little ones to stay in that respite home - if for any reason they could not, they need to come back to us rather than go to another home.

I guess they'll be arriving sometime tomorrow or the next day or so. (Rainbow still needed to talk things over with the respite family.)

I don't know what to expect. I'm every emotion under the sun: nervous, angry, hopeful, anxious, hurt, excited, happy, scared, jaded by The System, worried, overwhelmed, etc. etc.

But we made a commitment to these cherubs over a year ago and we aren't going to back out now. I guess we're back to a family of eight again. Please pray!!

12 comments:

MamaFoster said...

I am happy even tho I totally understand why you are feeling everything you are. And I kinda want to shove a pie in the cps workers face since she should have moved them back already.


I hope everything goes ok.

openarmsopenheart said...

Wow. Wow, wow, wow. Will be praying for you and your family!

Carrie said...

Oh boy! Praying!

Mitzy said...

Oh my! I can't even imagine how you must be feeling right now, thanks for the update. Will continue to pray for you all.

Jennifer said...

Wow! I will definitely be praying for you! I have been praying all along that they would be able to come back to you, so this may be God's way of making it happen!

G said...

Oh, wow! Absolutely praying for y'all...hoping the transition back goes as smoothly as possible!

Mie said...

Oh wow! I am praying for you guys. I have been getting updates from dfps about contracts and rescinded contracts and such and kind of assumed that's what you've been dealing with in your home.

It amazes me how the system works. I pray that this will be a smooth transition and your family and the kiddos can heal.

CandCFamily said...

What a lot to process! Good luck.

Charlene said...

Wow! I'm happy that you are getting them back, but will be praying for you that the transition ends up going well and that the time away doesn't have too big of a negative impact on the kids. This whole situation is crushing.

Charlene said...

Wow! I'm happy that you are getting them back, but will be praying for you that the transition ends up going well and that the time away doesn't have too big of a negative impact on the kids. This whole situation is crushing.

r. said...

There was a story in the paper here about what I'm assuming is your agency. If it's true that the contract doesn't get renewed, I hope everything gets sorted out with whatever new agency takes over, with as little effects on the kids as possible.

CherubMamma said...

@R - I've been told now that the "redesign" that was supposed to go into effect has been dropped entirely. Things are going to continue to operate in Texas as is without one agency "taking over" so to speak.

I was also told that the second largest placing agency in Texas is on probation as well. There are few open beds with the remaining agencies and tons of children are being put in shelters at the time of removal out of necessity. I have a feeling my agency's probation will probably be over soon.

So many kids are being effected negatively. Yes - monitor the agencies. But sending kids to shelters while these "investigations" take too long?! That's just System induced trauma and it makes me mad!!!