This isn't going to be the most eloquent of posts. My mind is racing and I simply need to process. (Ya know...'cause when everything is a mess, journal for the whole internet to read. LOL)
I got a life altering phone call just before five o'clock tonight. It seems that Dude and Dolly need to come back to my house.
My licensing agency is currently on probation with the state I live in. Because of this, they cannot accept any new placements. Also, they cannot move children already placed through them to another home within their agency.
That means that on paperwork, Dude and Dolly are still in our home. They have just been on "emergency respite" since June 22.
Their CPS worker (Minnie) needs the cherubs to actually be living in the home their paperwork says they are in. She wanted to "officially" move them to the respite home. However, as she discussed this with Rainbow, it became apparent that officially moving the cherubs to the respite home isn't possible as our licensing agency cannot move children. Yes, they could petition the State. But that runs the risk of the State saying no (what they've been saying to our agency all summer all over the state with every request) and the cherubs would have to move yet again. And because my licensing agency is the largest in the state, there aren't very many other beds open and the cherubs would likely end up in a shelter. (At least this is how it was explained to me by Rainbow.)
So Minnie said to move Dude and Dolly back in with us.
I nearly choked. But I said yes.
Mr. Amazing and I had already decided that even though we were in agreement that it would be best for the little ones to stay in that respite home - if for any reason they could not, they need to come back to us rather than go to another home.
I guess they'll be arriving sometime tomorrow or the next day or so. (Rainbow still needed to talk things over with the respite family.)
I don't know what to expect. I'm every emotion under the sun: nervous, angry, hopeful, anxious, hurt, excited, happy, scared, jaded by The System, worried, overwhelmed, etc. etc.
But we made a commitment to these cherubs over a year ago and we aren't going to back out now. I guess we're back to a family of eight again. Please pray!!