Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Picking them up

I arrived at the agency this morning before the little cherubs arrived. The agency director saw me and came over to say hi. This is how it went:

Agency Director (AD): Hi Cherub Mamma. How are you? (be sure to read this in the sweetest - most sickeningly syrupy voice possible - she is nice...too nice)

Me: Um...jaded. (I don't hold back. Not even for agency directors.)

AD: Oh. I know. (Again. Super sweet. She was trying to be sympathetic. I wanted to smack her. SHE knows nothing of what I went through!)

I just gave her a half smile. I didn't know what to say and I wasn't going to lie and say everything was fine.

AD: Awww...I know. But you got through this.

Me: Really?! I haven't put them to bed yet tonight. I'm not through anything.

-----

Needless to say this conversation ran through my mind several times over the last half hour as I held those two beautiful but very, very confused cherubs on my lap while they cried their little eyes out.

Neither child could say anything. They just cried. I don't know if they were missing the respite family or their first family or if it was relief they are back here. They just cried.

3 comments:

Mitzy said...

You are a strong woman, keep holding on.

aka. Mimi said...

:( I've been thinking about you guys all day. Praying for those babies' little hearts tonight...

Adopt2FosterMommy said...

i love your blog! wish i had someone near like you to talk to!