Monday, September 24, 2012

Pumpkin is doing well

Aunt L called me three times on Friday. I was so happy to be able to help her with the little things. I had just dropped off Pumpkin that morning but she didn't hesitate to call me and ask questions.

I didn't hear from her over the weekend at all. Part of me worried that perhaps she felt like she was intruding. I had already told Aunt L that I would not be calling her – that I'd wait for her to contact me. I knew that she was going to be up to her eyeballs in figuring out just how to take care of Pumpkin. And more than anything, I didn't want Aunt L to think that she had to answer to me in any way.

But I just got off the phone with Aunt L. I must say, having this contact is making it easier for me to let go! I feel such a sense of relief right now. A wave of comfort washed over me. I know that I can let go and not hang on to all the stress that was caring for Pumpkin. I can be a resource but I don't have to carry the burden anymore.

Pumpkin is doing well. All things considered, Pumpkin is doing quite well.

Pumpkin is also testing every single boundary that she possibly can!!! That child can be quite a pickle. (Thus why in addition to her being my Pumpkin Pie, she was also my Princess Pickle.) Pumpkin has refused to eat. Pumpkin has refused to take a bath, to get her hair brushed, to wear her shoes, and much more I'm quite sure.

Thankfully Aunt L paid attention to my warnings about such behavior. Aunt L seems to be handling things well.

I'm so happy for Pumpkin!!

3 comments:

Acceptance with Joy said...

yay!!!!

Kayla Lee said...

Amazing! She is in good hands. Great job holding on until it was time for someone else to care for her. She is a lucky girl to have had you in her life. Your rewards are on the other side... Oh it will be so beautiful!

C Dawn's bucket said...

This makes me want to cheer!