Sunday, November 11, 2012

My cherubs are back from Grandma's again

Minnie and I spoke briefly when she dropped the children off after their "monitored" visit with Grandma N in Dallas.
  • Bio Dad looks like Hell (per Minnie). She made it very clear to him that there is NO option of reunification with him.
  • Bio Mom called Grandma N over the weekend. She was under the influence of something. There is NO option of reunification with mom either. (Minnie's supervisor is in full agreement with this. The bio parents are NOT a reunification option. It is only Grandma N that the State has as a viable option --- unless of course we ever were to be considered.)
  • Dude and Dolly fought some on the way to Dallas. (This is not typical of the children.)
  • Dude threw a huge tantrum on the way home from Dallas. (This is not typical of Dude.)
  • Dude and Dolly fought horribly on the way home from Dallas. (This is not typical at all.)
--- Think maybe these visits are really, really hard on the kids?!
  • As I unpacked their duffel bag I noticed that all the clothes looked clean. Dolly told me she wore one outfit all day Saturday, slept in it Saturday night and wore it again all day today. I sent three outfits for their two night trip.
  • As I unpacked their duffel bag I also found this:
I immediately phoned Minnie and asked her if Grandma N has diabetes. I informed her of what I found. Minnie hung up with me to call Grandma N.

Minnie called me back to say that yes, Grandma N does have diabetes but she does not take insulin. Minnie asked me to send her a photo of the syringe.

I sent the pic to Minnie on her phone. I also covered my bases and immediately sent a text to Rainbow as well. (I completely bypassed the on-call worker and went straight to MY worker. Rainbow is awesome. I figured she'd help me and use the most logic possible.) Rainbow asked me to send her the pic. When she got it, she then asked me to send it again in an email.

Minnie sent me a text back saying that she will staff this "situation" with her supervisor tomorrow. She agreed that it's worrisome but then followed that with, "I went through the checkpoint at the airport without problems." I certainly hope she doesn't think that this ended up in the babies' bag at the airport. I find that hard to believe.

And last, the children told me again that other family members live with Grandma N in her two bedroom apartment. These are people that have NOT been part of any home study. And again, for the third month in a row, Dude and Dolly slept in bed with their grandma.

I'm trying really hard to not freak out. But this is really, really hard.

And yes, I will be calling the cherubs' lawyer tomorrow.


Meg0422 said...

Wow. Shes really digging a hole for herself.

Sunday Taylor said...


angela ford said...

unbelievable!! These kids don't deserve what Grandma N has to offer. They need you!

aka. Mimi said...

Oh my word! That entire situation makes my heart race. I can only imagine what it's doing to you!!! Praying they'll staff this ASAP and put these "monitored" visits (which are clearly NOT monitored) oh hold indefinitely and re-evaluate their plans for Dude and Dolly. I hate what this is doing to them! :(

Mandy said...

That syringe is terrifying. It should not even be in their reach even if it was medicinal, let alone in their bag!

I pray to God this syringe is a wake up call for all involved with this nightmare of a plan.

Foster Mom - R said...

I might call the hotline. Syringes in their bag? Sounds like immediate danger of visits continue.