Monday, November 12, 2012

Syringe situation - minor update

Rainbow stopped by on her way to work this morning to pick up Christmas presents I've been buying for kids in Care. It wasn't an "official" visit but we did chat for just a couple seconds.

There is no need for me to call the hotline about the syringe I found last night.

Most likely, Minnie will simply be told to be "more careful" and the entire situation will be blown off.

As freaked out as I am by it all, it's probably going to end up being a non-issue to all involved.

I hate foster care!

8 comments:

peaceliving said...

That is ridiculous!!! Doesn't anyone care about these children?? I always want to think that our own foster care situation where the parents are always put first and the child's needs are ignored should be a rare case. But the more I read from other foster parents, the more I see how "normal" this treatment of the children is.

SO sad for you and your kids. I'll keep praying for you all.

angela ford said...

WHAT!!!!!!!

angela ford said...

is there a way to see what it was used for??? or is it a clean one?

CherubMamma said...

Originally it was a pre-filled insulin syringe. It was used. Thankfully the cap was over the needle otherwise I would have hurt myself!

Cheryl said...

Well, that sucks.

aka. Mimi said...

I would still talk to their GAL. This is RIDICULOUS! Had they gotten ahold of that in YOUR house, it would be an entirely different response, and we all know it. Foster care really DOES suck sometimes. I guess now is a good time to have a talk with Dude and Dolly about NOT TOUCHING those things. Ugh.

Carrie said...

Unbelievable!! That is awful. Tammy is right. I hate that the standard is different. So sorry.

Our Journey said...

Ahhhh....this is just crazy!!! I cannot believe that this is not being addressed properly and pretty much dropped. I totally agree that you should talk to the kids about not touching things like that :( So sorry your drama keeps continuing.