Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Visits

It is amazing the incredible let-down I feel on Tuesdays at 5:00 when I find out that yes, Mom did confirm for a family visit tomorrow. (Per court orders she is to confirm a visit 24 hours in advance. The visits are supposed to be on Wednesdays from 1:00 to 3:00. But as long as Mom calls sometime on Tuesday before Minnie is done for the day, Minnie says the visit is on.)

I hate to sound so negative. But it seems so pointless.

And now that the kids know what to expect (all four of my little ones)...I can pretty much write off the entire damn day. Dysregulation will abound.

I struggle to see the good in this.

2 comments:

peaceliving said...

I'm with you. Once they decide that reunification with one of the bio family isn't an option, why do they keep having visits?? I think it's just to torture the foster parents. I wish I could say something encouraging, but all I can say is that I understand.

Mandy said...

I don't understand it at all. If there isn't going to be reunification than at least reduce the number of visits available. Its not like its for the kids best interests at that point. It is about the parents. So they are giving the kids lots of visits with bio-mom that will disappear all of a sudden when the next move happens. Stupid.