Sunday, December 9, 2012

And....they're home

Dude walked in all smiles. He was happy to be home. He announced quite loudly though that Dolly wanted to stay with Grandma N in Dallas this time.

Dolly had fallen hard asleep in the car on the way back from the airport. She walked into the house crying her eyes out.

I stepped outside to talk to Minnie. Things I learned include:
  • Dude and Dolly fight like cats and dogs all the way to Dallas and all the way home.
  • Dude and Dolly argued about leaving Grandma's house this time. Both said they wanted to stay there. The only reason they decided it would be OK to come back is because of our upcoming trip to Iowa.
  • Their bio dad has a new girl "friend". I guess she only had contact with the kids for a short amount of time because Grandma N didn't want to break any rules.
  • Bio Mom is NOT working any of her services. Bio Mom is still in favor of the children going to Dallas even though she no longer has a relationship at all with Bio Dad.
  • Grandma N said again that she wants to cut Dolly's hair. She almost did this time even though it would have been against the rules. Secretly I'm wishing she would have. Minnie said an infraction like that could have been serious enough to prevent placement.
  • Grandma N also wants to cut off Dude's rat tail.
  • The children both report that Grandma N had clothes for them in Dallas this time. Their duffel bag was better packed this time and the dirty clothes they wore (that I had sent) were separated. Thankfully there were no surprises in the duffel bag this time around.
  • I haven't asked them where they slept but I'm betting it was in Grandma's bed again. I'll let y'all know.
It's time for me to go bathe the cherubs. They are cuddling with Papi S*** right now. I'm going to take care of Dude first because he seems the most regulated. Dolly desperately needs a bath though. It smells like she showered in perfume sometime earlier today.

I'm not nervous anymore. I knew I wouldn't be. It's amazing how I can work myself up though in the heat of the moment. I still hate the fact that I really know nothing about what they did the past three days. Everything I do learn is going to be out of context now anyway. I'll have to take it all with a grain of salt.

Time to put on my big girl panties and go about the business of being a foster mom.

2 comments:

Foster Mom - R said...

Oh honey I feel your pain! I used to pace if the kids were a few minutes late. I can't imagine waiting for a flight! And the bathing in perfume is an issue. I generally send them to the shower when the get home from Mom/Moms house which are two distinct smells. You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work!

MamaFoster said...

this part sucks so bad! i hate when they have to come back to our houses when they "think" they don't want to...it is heart breaking. and i would much rather have them say it to me instead of the social worker because they might say it in haste ONE TIME, but then in court the social worker will spout it off.

I hope, if they move there, that they really want to be there.