Saturday, January 12, 2013

An extra hour or two...rules be damned

This is what an extra hour or two on Saturday morning looks like. Yeah, I'm "supposed" to check on my littlest cherubs every 5 minutes. No, I don't technically have permission to sleep while they are awake.

But Saturday morning cartoons were invented for a reason – right?! I can't stand watching most of them. But the kids just loooovvve them. And I need my sleep!





I mix up the lid colors on the bottles of chocolate milk so the cherubs know whose is whose. That way, when one or two cherubs throw their empty bottle on the living room floor, the other cherubs can tell me who needs to do the picking up.

The littlest cherubs wake around 7:00AM on their own. Me, I didn't roll downstairs until 8:30AM this morning. And when I did get down here, no cherubs were all over me to feed them! Peanut butter sandwiches for breakfast can be magical.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

I do this too! I really hate getting out of bed and being badgered for food instantly.

shellyx6 said...

Now you're thinkin' !! :)

openarmsopenheart said...

What a brilliant idea! Champ gets up at six and I turn on the tv and let him watch a movie for an hour, which I spend lying in bed hoping that Buddy won't wake up. Doesn't usually work though...
I shall definitely do this when mine are a little older!

Tara said...

it is a great idea, and your picture has me wondering what those sandwich wrappers are made from? I want to make those! Do share!

CherubMamma said...

I didn't make the sandwich wrappers. I bought them from
www.reuseit.com

For what it's worth, they work wonderfully and have held up for several years and many sack lunches. I do my best to eliminate waste and these have made things easier.

http://www.reuseit.com/store/wrapnmat-regular-p-137.html

Tara said...

thanks for the link :-) Love your blog. It's so very honest, and it helped me a lot this last year. I was in the process of adopting a sibling group and had been visiting them for about 6 months when a false abuse report against me was made. Everything fell apart, even though there were no findings (duh), and it was around the same time you were going through this with your kiddos. It has helped me to see (unfortunately), how messed up the system is, apparently in every state.

Keep doing the right thing for the kids, with all your might, even though the final decisions are not up to you... <3

CherubMamma said...

Thanks Tara! I've been really frustrated with The System so much lately. I'm sorry to hear that you too had to suffer through false allegations!

I appreciate your encouragement. My blog has been so very honest lately. :) But I will get through!