Tuesday, May 7, 2013

conflict of interest

Ms. Rodriguez cannot represent us as we intervene in this case. She reports that it IS a conflict of interest because she was the cherubs' lawyer for a year.

However, she is going to look in to our case now and see if there is anyone that she can recommend.

I'm not looking forward to this process at all. I'm scared to death of what this might cost. I'm scared to death of the stress it might add to the family. And I'll be honest...I'm scared of how Minnie is going to respond and what she might try to do to me.

But I have a peace about it. I do believe that NOW we are supposed to intervene. We cannot trust the State to keep these cherubs safe and loved for the rest of their lives. We have to do more than just foster them.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I am so glad you are doing this for Dude and Dolly. No one will fight for these kids best interests except your family. I am praying the funds and the favor all go your way.