Wednesday, May 8, 2013

I called another lawyer

I think I might start posting too frequently. It's for me more than anything. I want to record every step of this adventure.

I'm scared to death.

So today I called another lawyer. It happens to be Pumpkin's GAL. She's never had anything to do with Dude & Dolly's case – but she does know me. I would hope that helps a little. I had to leave a message for her to call me back. I'm still waiting.

No one from Ms. Rodriguez's office has called me back. I'd still like to know if she recommends anyone in particular.

I also sent a text to Deborah. She is a CPS supervisor that, for a very brief couple of months, was on this case as their immediate worker. I told her I had a sensitive question and I hoped she would call me back at her convenience. I trust Deborah. She's the only connection I have IN CPS that I trust. I'm anxious to talk to her.

---

This is going to be a whole lot of waiting. Calling people. Waiting for answers. Submitting paperwork. Waiting some more.

Let's just hope that Dude & Dolly don't crawl in Minnie's car on Friday as they leave for yet another visit to Dallas and tell Minnie they want to be adopted. Somehow I don't think that would go over well.

4 comments:

Alice said...

Name alert (last paragraph)!

Alice said...

Just reading about all of this stresses and frustrates me-I can't imagine how you feel. Maybe this latest delay is enough time for Grandma to get caught disobeying the rules (though I know they're MUCH more lenient on bio families than foster). Kinda makes you wanna pull your hair out...

CherubMamma said...

Whew! Thanks Alice!!

Ventura Preschool teachers said...

Praying that all goes well for you. I so often wish that more foster parents were half as committed as you are. One of my students just had her 15 year old daughter returned to her after 18 foster homes in 1 year. So sad. The reunion has been good. The mother is really working to turn her life around.