Thursday, May 23, 2013

Praying the kids keep their mouths shut

The cherubs have a visit scheduled tomorrow with Great Grandma P. That means I'll get to see Minnie face to face.

I decided now was the perfect time to find out if Ms. Colorado has started doing her job yet or not. I don't want to walk into Minnie's office unprepared.

It seems that Ms. Colorado hasn't even started. I'm waiting for a phone call back though to see if perhaps she has spoken with Minnie on the phone off the record though.

Damn! It seems I might have let the cat out of the bag with the cherubs a little to soon. Here's to hoping that Dude and Dolly don't announce to Minnie that they want to be an Eldridge (our last name)!! I can hear it now, "Minnie....Minnie...Mommy got a lawyer! We're going to be Eldridges!!"

9 comments:

Msmoozy said...

Oh noooo.... Maybe tell them for now we have to keep this between us as this is a very big event. Not sure if that will work though.... Lol I wish you all the best. :-)

CherubMamma said...

The difference between a lawyer being paid by the State down here and one being paid by me....Ms. Colorado just called me back personally!

She has spoken with the GAL in the case. She has not spoken with CPS yet. However, she assured me that she's going to officially file the petition to intervene next week.

I've decided I don't care if the kids let the cat out of the bag. The time has come for Minnie to know I'm stepping in. (Though I will continue to pray the kids don't say anything. I'd like to keep this as uncomplicated as possible and let the lawyer do all the talking.)

POWmom01 said...

I am picturing Dolly jumping up and down with excitment and her long braids smacking up against Minnie's side at the same time she tells her "Mommy got a lawyer!".

PamG said...

Progress! Yay!
(Did you intend to put your last name in the post?)

CherubMamma said...

All names (even ones that sound real) are very much fake on here. :) Thanks for checking though.

MamaFoster said...

I can't wait to see what happens once it is brought up in court. I had a friend who said as soon as they intervened CPS did exactly what should have been before. I am hoping that is what happens in your case!

D's Momma said...

I think the kiddos saying that would be the PERFECT way for Minnie to find out! The lawyer is really for them, anyway..they should get to share it :)

Mandy said...

It won't hurt anything if the kids say what's going on. You never know it may get Minnie working faster. To save face so to speak? That way she can look down her nose at you and be like, "In case you weren't aware I was ALREADY handling things." In my experience difficult caseworkers like to pull this card. Whatever it takes right!?

Meg0422 said...

If you're around when/if the kids say it, at least you can see the reaction firsthand. Just don't burst out laughing!