Monday, June 3, 2013

Signature 1

I went to Ms. Colorado's office today to officially sign the Petition to Intervene. I even picked up the official court document and read it quickly. It felt nice to be allowed to read something official. I hate that part of fostering here in Texas. When we fostered in Iowa we didn't have to go to court, but copies of every single court document were sent to our home for us to keep on file.

It took some doing but Mr. Amazing is going to get off work a little early and head over to the lawyer's office to sign today as well.

Then we wait to see if anyone legally objects to our intervention.

4 comments:

nicole said...

hey there. I have been a reading stalker for a few years. I admire your courage and applaud your plan to keep stress away. just a suggestion, and not an easy one with a house full of kids, but I started yoga to help with my stress. there are many different kind of groups and not all of it is new age. blessings on your journey!

Momma T said...

We are in the process of becoming foster parents and I came across your blog while doing some research. I just wanted to let you know that we have been praying for you all. I truly appreciate your honesty about the entire process of foster parenting! I think knowing the kinds of things we can be faced with has helped us to understand the reality that we may be faced with.

When I was reading your most recent posts one of my favorite quotes came to mind. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

You got this! :)

Foster Mom - R said...

Yeah? Now start to breathe...

Mie said...

I always vfeel the need to point this out - most of what you'rer experiencing is not a Texas thing. Around these parts CW are required to provide you with court records (if you ask) but most wait until they're asked. one local county thouigh does send it automatically. The first time I received a packet from them I about fell over.