Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sparkle Jewlz


One of the neatest parts of this blogging "thing" has been the community I've found. There isn't much of a foster parent network where I live and I haven't connected with any other families that foster. Well...there are a few families that I know. But they are really just acquaintances, not friends.

The internet however has connected me to some amazing people!! Comments on the blog are wonderful! I've gotten emails that have touched my heart and lifted me up just when I needed it. I've spoken on the phone with a friend during one of the darkest parts of my fostering journey and gotten amazing support. And I've even got to meet some of my blogging friends in real life!!

Y'all are awesome!!!

Recently I had an internet friend step forward with another fundraising opportunity for our intervention. This one is just as simple as the puzzle too. Buy jewelry.

Heather's mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer back in December. Heather has been tasked with selling the jewelry her mom had acquired. Her mom used to hold jewelry parties. I'm guessing it was something of a hobby for her. At any rate, she can no longer sell this jewelry herself. Heather, in order to help raise money for her mom (and for me), has set up a blog with photos of some of the jewelry for sale. It's currently a work in progress as there is over $5000 worth of jewelry in the entire collection. But Heather has some photos up of jewelry for people to look at and purchase if they want. And she's continuing to add more photos whenever she can.

In a very generous way, Heather has offered to give me 30% of all sales. Simply mention me (Cherub Mamma) when you make a purchase and she'll send 30% of the earnings to our intervention fund. If she could manage to sell all of the jewelry in her mom's collection, that would mean as much as $1500 toward our intervention. THAT WOULD BE HUGE!!

Her site is SparkleJewlz.blogspot.com. She opted to put things up on a blog so she could avoid paying fees on Ebay or Etsy. This way all the money earned will go straight to our families.

This isn't some big business or fancy site. It's just a daughter trying to help her mom out as they go through their own struggles. And, moved by our story, she wants to help my family as well. I am blessed by her generosity! The community I've found through this blog never ceases to amaze me!

No comments: