- The State is convinced that this case should end with Grandma N getting PMC.
- My lawyer is convinced (because I pay her to be) that the parents need to have their rights terminated. Even if I didn't pay her for this, she can see that this case is a disaster and that the parents' rights do need to be terminated. She says we can "duke it out" for placement AFTER rights have been terminated. I get the impression that she's very confident we are going to succeed.
- After a phone call this morning with Minnie's supervisor, Ms. Colorado was told, "weeeellll....maybe," when she pushed again for the State to pursue termination.
- In the meantime, Ms. Colorado is working on drawing up her own papers for termination. It'll cost us a TON more, but I'm OK with it. The State continues to make error after error in this case.
- Minnie needs to be dealt with. She had no business making the video!
That, and other issues, will be addressed.
- My cherubs need to be speaking with their lawyers. They've been in Care for two years and it's never happened. Ms. Colorado is going to change that.
- We may even go back to the issue of January 2012 and the syringe that came home in the cherubs' suitcase after a visit to Dallas. She's blown away that the State keeps wanting to completely ignore that particular situation. I still have the syringe in my possession. She may even get it tested so it can be presented as evidence in court.
And last, Ms. Colorado changed our court date. (Grrrrrrr to her for not telling me right away!!) We don't go before the judge in two weeks. Instead, it'll be four. She said not to expect anything to change at court. Things won't be different until we actually terminate and go to trial for that.
And last, Baby Zippy was placed out with a relative so the State is not involved in his case at the time.