Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Happy 6th Birthday Dolly

I will forever live with the guilt of not celebrating it with you.

I was so confident in the court system that I just assumed you'd be with me this coming weekend. I was looking forward to decorating your Little Mermaid birthday cake. Your brothers were planning amazing decorations just in your honor. Your presents are hidden away. I still needed to put together the baby bed from Granny and Papa. I know how much you would have loved your new scooter from Daddy and me. I'm going to take that back though and exchange it for something more appropriate for your new home. I'll mail it to you with the rest of your toys and birthday presents.

I hope your family in Dallas celebrates. I know they haven't done anything for your last two birthdays. But maybe they will do the right thing now.

I miss you so much.

3 comments:

peaceliving said...

Oh! My heart goes out to you SO much. Ten days before Christmas we lost our baby, too, after trying to fight for what was right for her within a broken system. I will be praying for you and for Dude and Dolly and for your other kids who have lost two siblings so suddenly and shockingly. I know there is nothing to say that will help you grieve and get through this.

MamaFoster said...

happy birthday sweet dolly

kate said...

This is heartwrenching.

Dolly, I'm so glad you were born!