Wednesday, September 25, 2013

It's still over...sort of

Ms. Colorado called. The first thing she did was ask how I was.

I like Ms. Colorado.

I'm still incredibly raw. I'm bouncing through all the stages of grief. I'm a mess!! I'm still not in the mood to talk to anyone about any of this. But I want to record things. It's probably wrong that I'm recording everything for the internet to read. But why stop now?!

----

Ms. Colorado talked to the judge. He doesn't think "this" is going to work. He said he predicts that the cherubs will be back in Care in less than 30 days.

Let that sink in...HE DOESN'T THINK IT'S GOING TO WORK!!

But he let it happen because he felt like he had to try.

----

The System SUCKS!!

----

I'm not dismissing the services of my lawyer. She's convinced CPS responded the way they did because of our Petition to Terminate Parental Rights. That's going to expose them and they freaked out.

But we're going to wait. She's going to make sure that CPS does everything that was court ordered on Monday. Granted, CPS is NOT going to all of the sudden self-report any problems in Dallas. This we all know to be true. So...really...this case is still very much O.V.E.R.!

However, CPS could screw up. Something awful could happen in Dallas. And legally, we are still a part of this case. So we aren't dropping out officially just yet. We are going to keep our foster home open. (We will NOT be taking any new kids...not even for respite!) And Ms. Colorado is still very much our lawyer.

Speaking of, if you're still led...
I'm going to have a really big bill to pay very soon. If you'd like to continue to help with our legal fight, I'm going to leave the PayPal donation button up on my blog in the corner.

----

Why the Guardian Ad Litem and Miss Mary "turned" is still a mystery.

Do you know how many times the GAL spoke with my cherubs in their life?!
Once.
On Monday.
That was the FIRST time they had EVER spoken to him.

But suddenly he was looking out for them?!

Yuck!!!

Ms. Colorado saw him in passing yesterday and questioned him a bit. She told him she is disappointed. He was a bit of an aloof jerk. Not sure what to do about that.

----

Ms. Colorado wants me to document everything that happens. The cherubs ARE supposed to call me two times per week. If they don't...I'm to let her know immediately. I'm also supposed to document everything they say during the calls. Ms. Colorado also wants to know what Minnie said in my driveway as she was picking up the cherubs Monday afternoon. (That story to come in Part 3 or 4. It's a doozy!)

----

Basically...everything is still very much over. I'm going to pack up all the cherubs' things. I'm going to have Minnie mail them out. (Ms. Colorado is going to follow through and make sure Minnie actually does it!) I'm going to rearrange my house some. (Step stools will be put away. My boys' preschool toys will go to storage. Etc. Etc.)

But...things aren't over. The case is still open. And nobody thinks Grandma is going to be successful.

I certainly don't want my cherubs to suffer more trauma. I'm praying for Grandma to step up and do all the right things.

But I'll be here...ready...in case she doesn't.

6 comments:

aka. Mimi said...

I KNEW it! I hate that the judge is using your kids in some kind of messed up "experiment," but maybe in the long run this is the only way to expose Minnie if the cherubs DO end up back in care.

I have the same concerns though... What would have to happen to bring them back? We definitely DON'T want that. Praying if they do come home, it will be because Grandma just realized that she can't do it and that it will be sooner rather than later.

You guys, the cherubs, and Grandma are all in my constant prayers. No matter what happens, those little ones have known LOVE in your home, and that will stay with them forever.

Mitzy said...

Oh judges! Sometimes they really suck!

I'm glad you are still legally involved in the case so that you can be called if the Cherubs need you when things fall apart.

Charlene Hertzberg said...

Who will be monitoring Grandma's house now that Dude and Dolly are in Dallas? Will that be Minnie's CPS department or the Dallas CPS department? It sure would be nice if it was Dallas so that they had some neutral eyes that could check in semi-frequently.

CherubMamma said...

Not sure which worker is going to actually be monitoring the case. My lawyer insisted on a worker in Dallas being assigned. However, the judge insisted that Minnie remain on the case as well.

I don't personally hold a lot of trust in the Dallas worker. They have no reason to be vested in the case. And unless something major happens, the inevitable neglect will be hard to see.

Mie said...

Unless its a Dallas CW that I know and can talk to informally...

Annie said...

I am like the judge...just have that feeling.... Too bad he felt the need to experiment with little people.