Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Day I Lost My Kids - Part 3

Let's see....I left off with the cherubs being taken out of the courtroom by their Attorney Ad Litem (AAL) and their Guardian Ad Litem (GAL). These two people are supposed to be protecting the legal rights of my cherubs and fighting for their best interests. Up until this point in time, I'm not sure either one of them had ever spoken with the cherubs. Maybe the AAL did back in May. I KNOW the GAL had NEVER spoken with them though. He had spoken with me...but NEVER the cherubs!! So, the fate of my cherubs was held in the hands of total strangers that barely even know the case.

As the children walked out, Ms. Colorado motioned for Mr. Amazing and I to step out of the courtroom with her as well.

Outside the courtroom I looked at Ms. Colorado and said, "It's not looking good."

She shook her head back and said, "Oh. You could hear. No! It's not looking good."

We stood out in the hallway/waiting area and went over the details thus far. She knew Minnie was lying on the stand. She was frustrated with everything. As we stood there basically bitching about all the wrongs, we all knew that there wasn't much we could do about it. I mean, I would have loved to have been able to call out Minnie on her lies. And maybe Ms. Colorado should have. But so far the entire debate had been he said / she said and no one was agreeing on anything. The State was painting me out to be a manipulative person. Ms. Colorado was trying to express the opposite and get across the fact that Minnie wasn't supervising the visits. The State kept side swiping their answers and dancing around the truth when it came to that. Short of screaming, "That's a LIE!" I'm not sure what Ms. Colorado could have done.

Then all of the sudden Dude and Dolly rounded the corner. I wasn't even looking when I heard, "Mommy...I want to stay with you. I want to be an Eldridge!!"

I looked down to see Dolly's proud little face peering up for approval. Because yes, she wants me to be happy and she knows this is what I want. (I NEVER told her to say this though. I ALWAYS said she had to say what was in her heart. The only thing I ever said one way or the other was that she couldn't keep changing her mind.) I smiled but said nothing. Dolly's AAL looked at her kind of puzzled and Dolly said it again, "I want to be an Eldridge!"

Finally I looked at the AAL and said, "That's our last name."

This seemed to make the AAL very uncomfortable. She mumbled something and we all just made our way back in to the courtroom.

Mr. Amazing and I sat down in the audience portion of the room with the cherubs. All the professionals took their places in the front.

We waited for the case the judge was ruling on to finish.

2 comments:

lisapooh98 said...

Thinking of you and your family. I was SHOCKED when I read your post about the kids leaving. Still can't really believe it, and keep thinking, "how did this happen?" I feel like with each subsequent post, you have me sitting on the edge of my seat...even though I know the eventual outcome. What in the world caused the judge, that told you to fight for the kids at one point, to turn around and make such a rash decision? I just pray the kids are happy, loved, and well taken care of!
Lisa

tashapork said...

I hope they've called and are safe.