Thursday, October 17, 2013

An email

I just sent a very strongly worded email to Minnie, her supervisor and Ms. Colorado concerning the lack of phone calls we have received from Dude and Dolly.

Week one (the week they left) = no calls
Week two = two calls crammed in at the end of the week on Thursday and Saturday
Week three = one call Friday and one call Saturday
Week four = no calls yet

Minnie told me last Saturday that calls are supposed to happen on Wednesdays and Saturdays. However, this Wednesday has come and gone and I heard nothing. I indicated that rules are in place for biological families that are supposed to have contact. Because these phone calls are court ordered, I hope we could be extended the same courtesy.

I very much want to be done with the calls. I don't believe that they are particularly helpful for anyone at this point in time. Like I explained to TT and Bart the other day, we can't PROVE that things are dangerous in Dallas. That is unfortunate because we can't prove things are safe either!!! No matter what though, the State has their mind made up and I highly doubt that the cherubs will return. Minnie is not going to document anything negative. She just isn't. And because the therapist and the guardian ad litem changed sides so to speak, we've got nothing to go on as foster parents.

But we are still IN the case. Despite things being a paperwork disaster (the court sent out the Petition to Terminate Rights to both bio parents and didn't put postage on it - egads!) we're still in things. If I was to tell the State we didn't want the calls, that would reflect very poorly on us.

So I have to play this nasty game. I have to continually hurt TT and Bart by setting them up for contact that we aren't consistently getting. And who am I kidding?! It hurts me too!! I actually feel better and move on with life right up until the time when a call is supposed to come. Then I get all sick to my stomach and upset.

I'm betting we'll get some call tomorrow and then again on Saturday. The calls coming so close together will make it impossible for there to be much conversation on the second call. I may or may not get a "warning" so I can be prepared for the call. Last Friday Minnie used her iPhone on FaceTime and we actually got to see the kids. However, she didn't tell me in advance that she was going to call so I got this FaceTime contact while driving! I had to pull over. And it was just me and TT in the car so Dude and Dolly were very disappointed that they didn't get to see everyone. As wonderful as it was to actually see them, it was perfectly rotten that I didn't know about it in advance. TT and I just cried and cried after we got home it hurt so bad.

I really wish I knew how to handle all everything.

This stuff isn't taught in the foster parent training classes!

3 comments:

Meg0422 said...

What would happen if a special neighbor or friend "happened" to be there during the phone call? And could you play a long distance game of your tickle who loves you game?

Meg0422 said...

What would happen if a special neighbor or friend "happened" to be there during the phone call? And could you play a long distance game of your tickle who loves you game?

Annie said...

No, I bet they don't teach that! Or, even mention it.