Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What I told TT

The phone call that came yesterday was a surprise. I didn't know who it was when I answered. I stepped out of the room once Ms. Colorado started telling me her news. The emotion was powerful.

After I hung up I grabbed Mr. Amazing and I asked him to come outside. I told him what Ms. Colorado had said. Without any hesitation he agreed with me that we need to stay "in" the case. I cried. He held me. I practically screamed. He held me. Then he went back inside to finish what he was working on.

I had to process a bit more. My Genius Sister is here for a visit but she was out with her hubby at the store. I called another foster mom confidant and spilled my guts. I'm an extrovert. I had to just speak out loud what had happened. It helps me put things in their place.

After a quick conversation while I walked around the block I came back inside. I grabbed my mom and took her for a walk. I hate dragging all these people through this with me. By the time we got back to the house I had thoroughly messed her emotions up but mine were better in check. I laughed and told her this was all her fault. If she had been a crappy mom I wouldn't care about other people and I wouldn't be doing "this". Even she laughed.

Then my sister got back and I took her for the walk around the block.

By now TT was perfectly horrified. He knew SOMETHING had happened. Thankfully by now I had my wits about me and I was able to tell him truth in a way that does not cause him more pain.
TT, remember when we decided to intervene in this case? It wasn't an easy process. We had to meet with our lawyer, sign paperwork and go to court. Well...now that we want out, it still isn't easy. That phone call was our lawyer. She had some news for me that made me upset. And getting out isn't going to be a simple process. There are still some things that we have to do. I don't think it's necessary for you to know everything the lawyer said. Dude and Dolly are still fine and we are still in the process of getting out. But there are some details that still need to be worked out. I didn't mean to scare you.
TT was satisfied with this answer. It is all still truth. And no, he isn't going to know about our phone call tomorrow. That part of the roller coaster has to be over for my forever kids unless this (crazy) judge indicates that there are serious grounds for Dude and Dolly to come back to us.

2 comments:

Deb said...

What a wild ride. Sounds like the perfect explanation for him. And yes, your forevers don't need to know it all. You're keeping them safe by keeping it all from them right now.

Phoenix said...

I think for TT, that was the perfect thing to say. It calmed his anxieties. He is perceptive enough to know something was up, you did good, Momma!