Saturday, March 15, 2014

We are home

The neurosurgeon did rounds yesterday afternoon. He took one look at Daisy and said we could go home. A couple of snips later and the catheters were pulled out of Daisy's scull. The whole process blew my mind. The holes are super tiny and she has three incisions next to each one as well. But that's it. No fanfare. No super special care instructions. No fancy dressings. Just, "She's fine. You can go home."

Miss Daisy is doing great. She was thrilled to get home and to finally get to do more than lie in a hospital bed. 

I've got about a dozen blog posts floating around in my head. I'll write more later. But this weekend I'm just going to relax and enjoy life without tubes, wires and beeping monitors. 

2 comments:

grkanga said...

Relief and joy!
Hope your weekend is peaceful and calm for everyone. Thank you for taking the time to update all of us so often.....we really do care.

Mitzy said...

Good news!