Friday, April 11, 2014

brace yourself...

I just got back from the doctor's office with Miss Daisy.

You'll NEVER guess what she has.

Brace yourself!

Daisy...

has...

eczema!

Madame Doctor is sooooooo not a fan of CPS. This is the same doctor that watched Pumpkin get abused IN HER OFFICE and then watched that abuse get thrown out in court. And, like many doctors, Madame Doctor is in favor of vaccinating children. She is not pleased that Bio Mom and Bio Dad "get" to abuse their children and nearly kill them but still get to retain rights over their care concerning immunizations.

And now Madame Doctor is furious with Bio Mom for even suggesting that I could be responsible for eczema and baby scratches.

Furious!

I am to continue treating it like I always have. I am to use Aquaphor to keep it moist. I'm to put socks over Daisy's hands to keep her from scratching if at all possible. (I refuse to keep socks on Daisy's hands all day. Daisy is visually impaired. She NEEDS to feel the world around her. But I do put them on at night sometimes.) I am also to treat with aloe vera because it has some anti-inflammatory properties.

------

Keeping the drama going...

Not only did Bio Mom start all this with a photo to her lawyer...but BIO DAD came in to the CPS office today with a photo of Daisy because he too "is concerned".

(Hmmm....the bio parents aren't "together" yet Dad has a recent picture of Daisy?)

-----

Mr. CW has documentation - from the bio parents themselves - that Daisy had eczema prior to coming in to Care. Bio Mom has also said before that Daisy has always scratched herself.

It is VERY unlikely that this will go any further. Mr. CW has got my back. It will all depend on whether or not someone actually calls the Abuse Hotline and whether or not the investigator comes to me first or goes to Mr. CW first.

-----

Foster care sucks!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Can you explain what the difference will be between if they go to you or mr.cw first?

Cherub Mamma said...

If they go to me first it means that I (emphasis on *I*) am under official investigation. It means I will have to defend myself and anything in my home that "concerns" the investigator will be brought under scrutiny. (For example, they could decide to cite me because TT put a hole in the wall in our stairway and I haven't fixed it yet. Or they could look through all the food in my cupboards and find something that's expired and cite me. Or maybe they won't like the yard rake out back that the kids forgot to lock back up.)

If they go to Mr. CW first, it means there was a concern about the baby but no fingers were pointed at me.

I honestly don't know how things are handled.

Karen said...

Ohhh gotcha. Thanks for clarifying that. I'm glad that the doctor and mr.cw see the ridiculousness of the situation.

Cherub Mamma said...

I just sent a text to Mr. CW questioning the contact between Bio Mom and Bio Dad. I mean...how did Bio Dad get a recent picture of Daisy if he and Bio Mom aren't "together".

Mr. CW said, "Great observation. Evidence mounts."

I do like Mr. CW!!!!

Buzy Bee said...

In my prayers